City of Aliquippa Rules for Recreational Fires
- Only clean dry wood products are to be burned, no treated or painted lumber is permitted.
- Fire size is limited to three (3) foot in diameter and two (2) foot in height.
- Fire location no closer than 25 feet from a structure or combustible material. Conditions that could cause fire to spread must be removed prior to ignition.
- Fires in patio fire pits or chimineas must be in accordance with manufacturer instructions.
- Fires are not permitted within ten (10) feet of any street, public way or property line.
- All fires shall be constantly attended until extinguished and
- An approved method of extinguishing fire shall be on site for immediate utilization ( i.e. Fire Extinguisher with minimum 4A rating, garden hose, water barrel, sand, dirt or water truck).
- The Fire Chief or his designee may order a fire extinguished if it is deemed unsafe or a nuisance.