This event has ended
January 21, 2021
January 29, 2021
Through January 29, 2021
Job Title: Laborer (Utility Class)
The position requires the applicant to preform journey skilled work or installation, maintenance and repair for the Authority’s water distribution system and sanitary sewer system and related facilities, and other maintenance trades and additional duties assigned.
- PADEP Water Distribution Class E license and / or Wastewater Collection System Class E license or able to obtain within two (2) years of hire is preferred
- Valid PA Class A Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) is preferred
- Must have a High School diploma or GED
- Must have reliable transportation
- Must pass a physical and drug test
- A criminal background check will be done
- Experience operating heavy equipment including excavator, backhoe, and dump truck is preferred
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in water line and / or sanitary sewer line related work is preferred
- Basic knowledge of the tools, materials and methods used in underground water distribution and sanitary sewer installation, maintenance and repair
- Operate equipment including but not limited to air compressors, jack hammers, line locators, leak detection, compactors, tapping machine and related water line and sanitary sewer line installation, maintenance and repair equipment
- Must be on 24 hour emergency call, able to work weekends, holidays
- Able to lift and / or move 100 pounds with assistance
- Position requires the person to climb stairs, walk, crawl, kneel, stoop and work in closed and deep spaces
- All physical activities must be performed with or without reasonable accommodation
6-month probationary period for new hires. Excellent salary and compensatory benefits package, including pension and health insurance. Applications and complete job description are available at the office of the Municipal Water Authority of Aliquippa, 160 Hopewell Avenue, Aliquippa, PA 15001; Monday through Friday 8am – 4pm. A copy of driver’s license, resume, and all relevant certifications / licenses must be submitted with application.
The Municipal Water Authority of Aliquippa is an Equal Opportunity Employer.